Informative Videos, Resources, and Other Information to Keep You Current
the finance major:
Career Paths for Finance Majors – Simplified
Is Wealth Management and Asset Management the same?
Wealth Management and Asset Management are closely related to one another. However, there are differences between the two.
Wealth management is broader in perspective and includes asset management services, investment management, real estate management, tax planning, and more.
- Over the past five-years, the number of female test takers in the CFA Program has more than doubled, and now accounts for 39% of candidates. Source: ThinkAdvisor
- Only 17 states require a personal finance course to graduate high school. Source: InvestmentNews
- 70% of millennial’s are stressed and anxious about saving for retirement. Source: InvestmentNews, Wealth 101
- Almost 60% of working-age Americans have no retirement savings at all. Source: InvestmentNews, Wealth 101
- What is the difference between CFA and CFP? The differences between a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) are many, but comes down to the fact that a CFP works with individual clients to achieve their personal financial goals while a CFA focuses on investing in large-scale corporate situations.
- Defining Your Birth Year
The Silent Generation:
Born 1928-1945 (73-90 years old)
Born 1946-1964 (54-72 years old)
Born 1965-1980 (38-53 years old)
Born 1981-1996 (22-37 years old)
Born 1997-Present (0-21 years old)
- 73 million Millennials in America.
Millennials already are the largest segment in the workplace. Within the next two years, 50 percent of the U.S. workforce is expected to be made up of Millennials. It will be 75 percent by 2030, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- It’s known as the ‘professional social networking site’.
- It’s the most effective way to develop business connections.
- Has over 575+million users.
- 40% of the users engage daily on the site.
- Over 20,000 companies in the U.S use site to recruit.
- Over 3 million jobs are posted in the U.S every month.
- 90% of recruiters regularly use LinkedIn.
- Adding a professional photo will get a user on average 14 times more views.
The infamous ‘index card’ by University of Chicago Professor Harold Pollack’s – Simple Rules for Personal Finance.
Financial Advisor Success Podcast
Companies with higher levels of gender diversity and with HR policies and practices that focus on gender diversity are linked to lower levels of employee turnover. 4
We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible. ~Barack Obama
I never lose. I either win or learn. ~Nelson Mandela
The addition of women to all-male sales teams contributes to improved team performance. However, teams are more likely to reap the benefits of diversity on team performance when inclusion is part of the organizational culture. 24