Women in Wealth Management
Led by successful and celebrated women leaders in the industry, the mission of Women in Wealth Management is to create awareness , educate, and support women in the wealth and asset management industry.
- Often, women are not aware of the wide range of career opportunities offered within the industry. We shine a spotlight on a multitude of roles that seek unique, specialized skill sets, including some of the lesser-known areas that help this industry operate and thrive.
- We want women to experience the rewards of the industry. We are also on a mission to clear up any misconceptions! The fact is, wealth management professionals help people plan and save to meet their financial goals and prepare for the future. It really is a noble profession.
- Women in Wealth Management continually posts fresh content—white papers, blogs, podcasts and articles—all targeted specifically to women who are interested in learning more about wealth management, and perhaps, will pursue a career in this rewarding industry.
- Women in Wealth Management provides an enriching mentorship program that matches college women mentees with dedicated industry professionals who are committed to informing, guiding and supporting their students. Mentees tell us they appreciate the focus on their unique priorities, the resources we provide, and the resume, LinkedIn and the interview preparedness they receive from their Women in Wealth Management mentors.
- Once the course is completed, women are invited to join Jean Heath’s private Women In Wealth LinkedIn group, a network of incredible women who encourage and empower each other every day to succeed in this great industry.
“The Envestnet Institute on Campus, Women in Wealth Management initiative, is so important because despite women making up 51% of the U.S. population, out numbering men that graduate from college, and in the workforce – we hold only 21.9% of senior level positions in the wealth management industry.22 The only way to change this – is to educate and encourage more women to join us and pursue a career in the wealth management industry by making it a priority to help mentor and inspire the next generation of female leaders.”
Jean Heath, has 22 years of diverse experiences within the managed account and advisory business and has held leadership roles in key account management, consultative sales, strategic marketing, branding, and channel development. Currently, she is responsible for the investment products on the Envestnet platform and determines and optimizes the economic model and engagement between Envestnet and its asset manager partners. Her team is responsible for deepening relationships with asset managers across the Envestnet suite of services, and ensuring that these managers have the tools, training, and knowledge they need to be successful distributors throughout the Envestnet ecosystem. She is the Chair of Envestnet’s managed product acceptance committee and advocates industry best practices. She has been an active mentor to young women professionals and also leads the Envestnet Institute on Campus Women in Wealth Management Mentorship program. In 2017, Jean was named one of Profiles in Diversity Journal Women Worth Watching. Learn More>
Who We Are
Women in Wealth Management Leadership Team
Did You Know?
Women represent 18.1% of total financial advisor headcount. which equates to a 2.4 percentage-point increase from 15.7% in 2015.
The pace of change has been slow, but steady. This growth, although minor, is an encouraging indicator of progress.
*Cerulli Report - US Advisor Metrics 2020
For 58% of women advisors. at least half of their primary client contacts are women. compared to only one-third of men.
*Cerulli Report - US Advisor Metrics 2020
Women in Wealth Management Mentorship Program
Now in it’s fourth year, the Women in Wealth Management mentoring program is for women who have completed the requirements of the Envestnet Institute On Campus program. The program is open to students who are planning to graduate in May 2021.
The objective of the Women in Wealth Management Mentoring program is to promote relationships between students interested in asset and wealth management with respected leaders in the industry. The rewards are mutually beneficial! In addition to the multitude of benefits our students gain from partnering with their mentor, our Women in Wealth Management professionals welcome the fresh perspectives and ideas from their students through reverse mentorship.
We have an obligation and a responsibility to be investing in our students and our schools. We must make sure that people who have the grades, the desire and the will, but not the money, can still get the best education possible.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.